Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year.... New Sketch!!

First I want to wish all my friends out there in blogland a belated Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year! I have been enjoying wonderful time with my family while catching up on rest and relaxation from work! I pray God blesses you each with the coming year and makes His presence known in your lives. The only resolution I will make is to try and Honor Him more throughout the coming year and help spread His light through my actions!

Now on to the new sketch!! It's at Let's Scrap and it is a super cool one!! I love how you are able to create a scene with it!! Right up my alley!!! You should also head over there to check out the DT call info.!!!

Here is the sketch for this week:



And here is my take on it..... I only did the right side of the sketch:




This is my DD and her cousin at my FILs house on Christmas Eve. Every year Grandpa and Grandma give them a pair of matching pjs; they change into them right away and then get right back to playing!!!

I used a mixture of papers from Graphic 45, October Afternoon, and Cosmo Cricket. The bellies are also a variety; they range from October Afternoon, Cosmo Cricket, Bazzill, Maya Road, and Martha Stewart.

Here are a couple close ups:





for the word cozy, I use naked Maya Road Chipboard and added flocking powder. I used a glossy medium as my glue. The same glossy medium was used on the brackets.... I must invest in better brushes to eliminate brush lines!



For the little puffs of smoke I used some fuzzy ribbon. I just kinda rolled it up and shaped the way I liked then used a bit of glue.

The sponsor this week is Scarlet Lime, so I hope to see you head over and join in the fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!