Saturday, May 8, 2010

A New LO Using My New Love for Mixed Media!!

Happy Saturday Friends! It is rootin' tootin' cold here today in Wisconsin, 31 degrees to be exact! So I am all bundled up, ready to blog, and get scrappy today!

Let's Scrap has so many fun things going on right now between the blog hop, posted above, and the challenges for NSD still going on, and there was a new sketch posted on Wednesday!! It is a fun one with lots of possibilities for layering and bellies. Right up my alley!

Gravel Pit Kids



I combined the sketch posted at Let's Scrap with a challenge issued by Kim from My Sketch World for the Spring Fling crop. If you haven't gotten yourself there yet, you need to do so. There are soo many fabulous challenges going on. And while you can't combine them there you can do just like I did and take one from each of these fabulous sites.



The challenge from Kim is a Make a Scene challenge. You can only use patterned paper, with the exception of your letters, and no other bellies allowed! It was hard not to reach for some of my fav stuff, but I love the way it all turned out!



This is a close up of my mixed media title work. I used some Claudine Hellmuth sticky back canvas and traced my letters onto it. Cut them out and added some Pumice gel medium. This stuff is super easy and fun to use!! Then I inked it up some once dry to help it stand out on the LO.

Thanks for stopping by! May you have a wonderfully blessed day!
Happy Scrappin' ~ Scarlett

1 comment:

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!