Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sketchy Wednesday!!

Greetings! Happy Wednesday to you!

Wednesdays always mean there is a new sketch up at Let's Scrap and I am delighted to say this week's sketch was inspired by a LO I created for the Feb. issue of Scrapbook News and Review Magazine. How cool is that??! My work in sketch form...WOW! I am honored Cheri would ask for some of my work to create sketches off of!

Here is the sketch:


And here is the LO inspiration for it:

Not Getting Up



I just LOVE Dr. Seuss and this was such a fun call to create for Scrapbook News and Review Magazine!! I used Sassfras Lass papers and letters, along with some Basic Grey letters, K&Co letters, and EK Success letters.



The Dr. Suess images came from a note pad my daughter gave me for my birthday. She knows I love Dr. Seuss and thought it would make for good scrappy supplies. She's so in tune with her mama!! LOL! She was elated when I began cutting out the images for this LO. All the wording on this LO are inspired by the Dr. Seuss book I Am Not Going To Get Up Today! Worked perfectly for this sleeping picture of my son when he was just a little guy.... now a days he is looking me right in the eye and will soon be past my height! Gosh how time flies!!

Thanks for stopping by today and please head on over to Let's Scrap. I would love to see YOUR take on this week's sketch!! As always there is a fantabulous sponsor for this week and lots still going on in celebration of NSD!
Be blessed and Happy Scrappin ~ Scarlett

2 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the sketch Scarlett!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting that they took your layout to create a sketch!
    You do things with papers that absolutely scare me - WTG!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!