Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tutorial for Tuesday

I shared this tutorial on the A Walk Down Memory Lane DT blog for the 12 Days of Christmas going on over there and I thought it would be a grand idea to share it here for all my bloggy friend too! I will put out a little disclaimer that I am still working on perfecting this lil' poinsettia, but you will get the idea of how to try and perfect one of your own! Sorry in advance for the dark photos. It's so hard to get good shots in winter isn't it? I have to talk DH into helping me out on that front. So enough blabber and on to the tutorial!

Here is the flower we will be making:

I used October Afternoon's Good Cheer papers for this.

Step 1:


Cut 12 strips of paper to 3"x.5". You will use 6 now and 6 later in the tutorial.

Step 2:


Fold strip in half.

Step 3:


Fold strip in a diagonal, creating a flat bottom V.

Step 4:


Fold strip diagonal again in the opposite direction.

Step 5:


Push in sides of strip at the folds you created.

Step 6:


Fold strip in half to look like above picture and place a glue dot at the end to hold in place.

Step 7:


Crease folded piece lengthwise and then fold over edges.

Step 8:


Pinch ends together and place glue dot to hold in place. You may have to play with the shape of you petal a bit to get it the way you would like it to look.

Step 9:


Repeat steps 1-6 with remaining 6 strips. Punch out circle for base of flower. Adhere folded pieces to circle. This is what it will look like when all pieces are placed:

Step 10:


Adhere the first 6 petals you created onto the circle in between base petals. You are ready to embellish the center.

Step 11:


Embellish the center to finish off your flower.

So there you have it. I must say this does take a little bit of time to create, but I am looking forward to trying out another real soon. I'll come back and share when I do because I am hoping it will be even better!

Hope you have had a beautiful Tuesday! Please scroll down to see the address to send a recovering American soldier a card this Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!