Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!!

Hope all of the mamas out there are having a terrific day. I feel really blessed this year for so many reasons. One of them being for the first time in my life I got to text my bio mom Happy Mother's Day. I am so thankful for having met her IRL last summer and since then so many family members, including my Grandma. This is the first time in my life I've had a real Grandma. It's an amazing feeling and I am elated my daughter gets to have a Great Grandma. How amazing is that?! Well, it might not be that amazing for some, but for me it surely is.

Today I have a LO to share that shows off my new family. It's 4 generations of girls, all biologically connected. That's still a surreal feeling for me.

Generation


This LO was published in the March issue of Scrapbook News and Review Magazine for a LO on a cardboard base call. I ripped away some of the cardboard to expose the corrugation. To do this add some water and soak the part you want to reveal before trying peel. It makes it oh so much easier. I laid down some patterned papers, my photo, and a photo frame mat then went to town with some goops and embellishments!


Clustering is one of my all time favorite things to do. I love mixing and matching a variety of embellishments to get the just right look I am going for. I made the two larger tissue paper flowers myself. Be on the lookout for a tutorial on those here soon. It's been awhile since I've shared any tuts, so I'm anxious to get crackin' with that. The butterfly was punched from a vintage check. I picked up a bag of these at an antique shop and I love using them. After I punched it I dipped it into UTEE to get a glass like finish. The other odds and ends are Maya Road chipboard flourish decked out with glitter. My new love for doing this is using spray adhesive. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner, LOL! Some Prima flowers I've had for ages, a MM metal piece from a Noel Mignon kit, and some buttons.



Here's a better look at some of the texture I created. I used some ceramic stucco to achieve this. I applied it to my base with a palette knife and to achieve the peaks, I simply patted my palette on top of it pulling up slightly. Does that make sense? Hope so. Then I went to town with PearlEx and Lumiere paints to get it all sparkly and gorgeous. I wish that would come across in photos....sigh. the letter stickers are from My Mind's Eye. I applied them first and then strung the pearl string across the top.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed a peek at this project. It's one of my favs and was a blast to create for so many reasons. Be sure to check back tomorrow because I am going to be giving away some blog candy as a thank you for reaching over 100 followers!!!! WAHOO! Thanks so much to everyone who takes time to follow along with me!

Have a blessed rest of your day and I'll catch you all tomorrow. ~ Scarlett



1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a gorgeous/stunning LO! I may be scraplifting parts of this. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!