Friday, July 8, 2011

Projects to Share

I love being a part of the Scrapbook News and Review staff. I have been pushed creatively and love every minute of it. I create like a lunatic each month and have so many wonderful projects I'm always dying to share here and before I can I'm all caught up in creating more.....giggling......so I thought I'd try and get some of those posted today to share. I'm not going to do detail shots, but if you'd like to know more about any of the projects I share feel free to email me. I'm going to add a contact link on my sidebar. I think this will help me feel like I can share more because I won't be going back to old projects and trying to edit out new pictures. So let me know what you think. Do you want to see deet shots and bit of explanation here or would you rather just see some projects and ask questions if they pop up?

Phew, chatty today aren't I?! On to the creative business at hand.

Discover


This is a wordless LO I created for a one word title call. It's made on sticky back canvas and basically the only things I used to create this were: paint, buttons, UTEE (the letters), glitter, and a few rhinestones.

Fly Away



This is an ATC created for he Strut Your Stuff call. This was such a fun project to work on. The background is molding paste I carved into with a chopstick I believe. The sprinkled some glass glitter on it and let it dry. Once it was dry I painted over certain areas and added the butterfly with some heavy gel.

Debutante


This card was created for a sketch call. I think by the time I was done, my card may not have looked much like the sketch any longer, but the basic design is there. I wish the pictures of this card could show all the additional mediums that were used to change up the papers and add texture and glitz. I used pearl ex on the papers to highlight certain areas, my own glitter glue mixture for the wings, embossing powder, and Sakura glaze pen for the crow. It's really gorgeous in person.

And how about a set of inchies to end with. They're so cute and fun to do!

Birds and Bees


These were done for a fabric background call. I used felt and stamped on it with a stamp I carved myself along with paint. Then I outlined the squares with faux stitching using a puff paint. The flower is made with yarn on a cardstock circle base. Add a few birds and bees along with a button and called it a day for these. I think they're totally adorable.

Alright, well there you go. Some new projects to check out. Hope you enjoy looking at them, let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you. Be sure to head on over to SNR. There's a great forum to join in on, fabulous front page projects, and of course the magazine itself is off the chain!!! For real. If you don't have a subscription, I have no idea what you're waiting for!!!!

Have a great day!



1 comment:

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!