Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Quickie

Hey, hey, hey. Just poppin' in quick to share a couple projects.

Simply Put



This was my uber fabulous hubbie's anniversary card this year. I started with a circle card base, adhered patterned paper to the bottom, and used a mask with colored molding paste at the top. I'll whip up a tutorial for how to do this technique soon. In the meantime I do have a step x step card published in Scrapbook News and Review Magazine right now to show you how to do it. Once the paste dried I added some gold mica flakes. Again this had to be set aside to dry. Gold mica flakes go quick though. After dry time I went to town embellishing with fussy cut images, sequins, cardstock stickers (love), pearls, and pins.

Confidence



I've tried and tried my best to get this photo to edit out right and the colors still look off to me, aww well, what'cha going to do, right?

This is a LO of my daughter pitching her 1st game of softball. Her coach had been asking and asking if she wanted to pitch and told her she was more than ready. She could only take the mound when she found the confidence in herself. I'm so glad I caught this moment of her first pitch.

I surprised myself by going real girly and less sporty with this page, but I think it works to really focus the page on the topic, which is confidence, rather than the act of pitching a softball.

Alrighty, moving right along. How about one more and then it's a done one for today.

Casting Crowns



This is a collage LO I created on my favorite band, Casting Crowns. It's a Christian band that rocks my soul. I did an image transfer from the insert that comes with a CD to have the image of the band in the corner and the silhouette to the right of it. I layered on tons of different elements and mediums to create this and I'll work on some breakdown photos if anyone would like to see that. Let me know, K?

All of the above projects were previously published in Scrapbook News and Review Magazine. Speaking of which, another event went live my friends. The Serendipity Stamps mini event is available on the forum. Lots of really cool ideas on how to use stamps by my fellow staffers.

Here's to wishing you a beautiful day. I'm enjoying the fact we have a couple hour window here with no rain. Gotta scoot my boot out and take care of chores before it pours, LOL.

Blessings ~ Scarlett



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!