Tuesday, January 10, 2012

10 Things on the 10th

Hey sweet peeps!  I was browsing the internet today and I happened upon Shimelle Laine's blog.  She had a post for today called 10 Things.  The idea is to create a post on the 10th of every month sharing 10 Things.  I thought that might be something fun to try and what's fab-u-lous is it doesn't have to be scrappy related.... any ten things go.  I don't share a whole lot of stuff here other than my creations, but I am hoping to get a wee bit better about that in the New Year.  This may be a fun way to incorporate and share other aspects of my life here with all you.

So here's my ten for today.  I decided to do my last top creation recap and share my favorite mixed media heavy projects from 2011.
 
 Reach High for the Stars - This is a canvas created for Scrapbook News and Review Magazine.  Each month (just about) last year I made a step-by-step piece for a tutorial article.





Art Doll - This sweet little doll is hanging out on a shelf in my creative space.  I loved using all the bits and pieces that brought her together.




You Are Loved - This tag holds some journaling on the back as part of my Attitude of Gratitude mini album I created in November while following along with Tessa's Attitude of Gratitude posts at Perfectly Precocious and Art Everyday Month at the Creative Everyday blog.  I love this stamp and have had fun decking this girl out in many different ways.  Mists, watercolors, and paints are my best friends for coloring stamps these days - add in a touch of paper piecing and I'm a happy girl!




Right Now - This is prolly my most favorite art journal page eva'!!  Well up to this point at least, LOL.  It all came together after a not so fab start - so great when that happens, right?



A Home - Another canvas piece for my article series.  The texture on this one makes me giddy and I have a hard time not putting my hands on it!  Good thing its hung higher up on the wall, hehe.




Enjoy the Journey - This is a necklace my sweet friend's gorgeous daughter wears from time to time.  Her bedroom theme is Curious George so I always have a blast finding little things with monkeys I can make for them.  I know a lot of people smoosh their bottlecaps before using them but I really love to keep them in tact and fill them up.  They make terrific embellishments.




Always in my Heart - I had to include this page because its so dear to me for many reasons.  This precious, beautiful young lady will always hold a place in my heart as a daughter of sorts.  The story of our journey is well documented on this page and looking at it I'm amazed at how much I wrote - so not typically me.  I also have a soft spot for this page because its the first background I ever created to build a LO up on.  I'd use goops and such to add elements, but never the base.  



I have no good clue what I titled this - but I adore it.  I made the little dresses out of clay and delighted in hanging them up on the little clothesline. 




To the Moon & Back - Since my son was little we've always said love you to the moon and back so it seemed fitting to make him a wall hanging - at 15 we don't say it quite as much ; ) - every once in awhile though and it warms this mama's heart.  Lots of fun layers here and gotta love a paper towel roll rocket!!




I Think I Can - A simple ATC showing off my new favorite chipboard (and doilies - I seriously canNOT get enough of LeeAnn's doilies) from The Chip Chop Shop , a love of clouds and all things shimmery.  Oh and don't forget the tar gel edge - LOVE that stuff!!!

So that's my 10 things.  Here's to hoping I remember to do this next month, LOL.  What 10 things can you share today?



  
 
  



1 comment:

  1. Wow, these are all so beautiful! Thanks for sharing your art!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!