Monday, February 6, 2012

A LO and a Card

Happy Monday Peeps.  Hope weekends were enjoyable and time with loved ones abundant.  Half of my weekend was spent watching DD play softball at an indoor tourney and the other was spent relaxing and scrapping, so all around a great weekend.  
 
Two of my favorite sites, MSW and Let's Scrap,  have lots of fun stuff going for the month of February so you'll wanna check them out.  Lots of awesome sketchiness and super fun prizes.... but the best part are all the ladies.  So many wonderful, inspiring friends to hang out with. 

I'm elated that I actually got going on Lucy Lou's Sketch-A-Thon.  Its been soo long since I played along there and it felt so good to knock out one of the 6 sketches that have been posted so far....I'm running a little behind LOL ; )  Here's a card I had a tremendously good time creating:
 
Chipboard, Molding Paste, Modeling Paste, Ink, and Shimmer oh my!  I don't think I'll ever tire grabbing for these supplies or using clouds, raindrops, and rainbows in my creations.

 


The background was created by using a combo of mists and ink to go over the patterned paper and pastes that were applied.  I altered up the chipboard with paint, pastes, shimmer, and glaze. Supplies Used: Sassafras papers and sticker, Maya Road chipboard and doily, Liquitex and Golden pastes, Crater's Workshop stencil, Studio Calico stamp, October Afternoon sticker
Here's the sketch:
Speaking of sketches check out this week's from Let's Scrap:
Suer fun with those strips of paper right?  The minute I saw those cloud shapes I was sold on having to get this one done.
One of my favorite Sassafras lines - Bungle Jungle animals in effect.  I highlighted the papers by brushing metallic paint over some areas and also adding puffy paint.  I heart puffy paint.  Some buttons for the giraffe and it was painted with some orange mist since I didn't seem to have any orange metallic paint.  I NEED to get some. A couple Maya Road pins, a Crate paper brad, and the hot air balloon is a stamp from Studio Calico.   Journaling done of cloud sticker made by Sass.


I've been holding on to this cutie lil helicopter for a long time and am so glad to finally rid it from my stash and onto a page.  I spruced it up a bit with some Perfect Pearls and added the brad so I could attach the twine for the banner.  Here you can also see the stars stamped on with gold paint and some of the mist splatters.
This LO while fun and playful really tugs at my heart strings.  Its all about how my boy (not really so much a boy anymore) finally outgrowing me.  He waited and waited for this moment, so elated when it came.  For me it was exciting to know he was growing up, but bittersweet knowing how quickly he'll be off.
Thanks for stopping by today.  Hope you've found something to make you smile, if not go do so, no time like the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!