Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Always - a Follow-Up Post

Morning.  It is an absolutely gorgeous start to the day around here!!  Its already 52 here (way beyond our norm of 40 somethin) and is expected to get into the 70s!  Yahoo.  I enjoyed (as much as one can) chores this morning and even took a run around the yard with my rooster!  Yep, you read right - rooster.  I call him my homie and he follows me everywhere!  Check out how handsome he is:

I couldn't find this picture readily so this worked just as well.  If you want more deets on this LO, let me know and I'll post.  *This LO was published in SNR

This rooster brings me too much joy, crazy I know but it truly is the little things in life.  If you could see his chicken booty run you'd know what I mean. LOL

Moving on to why I came here, a follow up  post to yesterday.  I won't go into a recap - you can go here if you'd like - but I thought this LO goes along really well with what I hope my daughter, and son for that matter, keep in their lives as they grow into young adults. 

This page is about 8.5 x 5.5.  I used a mix of scraps from Crate Paper, Jenni Bowlin, October Afternoon, and Echo Park and had a delightful time layering them up.  I've found this page size is perfect for me when I scrap about myself - something I'm trying to do on a monthly basis - so far so good.   *This LO was published in  SNR.
Mmmm Studio Calico cloud stamps embossed with American Crafts Zing and a tiny doily from the Chip Chop Shop.  Another love for the 8.5 x 5.5 size is I can run it through my Cuttlebug - so I did using a Tim Holtz Sissix folder.  Then I brushed yellow glitter glue over the raised rays.
I knew I had to use those mini, mini BINGO cards from the Jenni Bowlin packaging - love using those almost more than the regular sized.  Added in a few bits of paper, some misted trim, twine, brads and bling.  I have a thing for paperbags and burlap these days.  Burlap has been an obsession since I was a kid, LOL.  The calendar card tucked in the trim holds journaling on the bottom and a dew drop to mark my birthday date.
Hope you have glorious days - I'm hoping to get a bit creative and take some photos - its too pretty out not to.  I think a photo shoot with a newly turned 12 year old girl may be in order this afternoon! Beyond the regularly used cool iPhone photography apps out there, which hidden gem do you suggest I try out for this?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! the details in this are amazing! gorgeous page!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!