Friday, March 9, 2012

Skissedilla #153 and a few deets from #152

Hi there and happy Friday to you.  Its a gorgeously sunny day here but freezing!  We totally got spoiled by a couple warm days and this morning it was back in the teens.  Just crazy weather this winter! 
Here to share another LO I created using a Skissedilla sketch.  I'm so glad I finally stopped stalking the blog and started playing along!

Here's this week's sketch:

Honestly I wasn't sure what to do with it at first.  I played around with picking out photos, papers, even some larger embellishments to get something going on.  Then I decided to embrace the fact I wasn't going to use 4 photos and it started coming together better.

My final outcome:

Real Good Times
I used 2 photos instead of 4 smaller ones and created a bed of papers, a bag, tags, and a doily for them to sit on.  The wagon serves as the hat from the sketch and the flags are in place of the wheat.  Using the acrylic block over the 2x2 picture really helps it stand out on the page and magnifies the image in a way - or maybe its just me LOL.  Used lots of mists, texture paste, and texture spray (yes I said spray!  More on that soon), and inks to alter up all the chipboard.
I think this birdie washi is my fav - I use it on a ton of projects.  I glittered each letter of the chipboard word and then outlined it with some black paint on a fine point brush.
See what I mean about the acrylic over the picture? Check out those spots on the chipboard piece too!  That's some of the texture spray I was talking about.  From the picture its hard to tell the splatters are raised and a bit bumpy with the slightest shimmer.  This is a new love people.  Seriously. 
My last post shared my take on Skissedilla #152 but I didn't share the sketch so you all could have a go with it yourself.   Here's that for you:


Almost everything I used on this page is from my mondo Sassafras stash.  The chipboard letters were roughed up with an emery board (seriously the best way to distress using sandpaper in my opinion - cheap too!) and then lots and lots of fussy cutting to create a layered little jungle.  Oh!  see that stamped border??  Its my own design!!  I've got lots of designs to show you over the coming days/weeks.
I'm typically not a big fan of crowns, but this page totally called for them to be used.  To alter up the chipboard pieces I heat embossed them with black UTEE and let it get kinda bubbly.  Then I pounced some gold paint over.
 To see the entire LO you can go here. 

Alright, well I think that's about it for today.  I've got exciting news to share in the coming weeks and am working on figuring out how to incorporate a few more tutorials here for all of you.  What would you like to see?



 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your freestyle/playful pages! They are packed with funny details and I can look at them for such a long time;)

    Hugs Lula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love all the colors and fun elements on your pages.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!