Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Peace Card

For those of you that frequent here often you know I'm all about the boingin' colors.  Each of my projects are usually bursting with color combos galore so when I saw the 12th Day of Christmas Challenge at Turtle Soup to create an all white card I thought to myself ruh-roh!  Funny how the brain works though because out of all the challenges I chose to take this one!


I set myself in motion by gathering a plethora of white supplies: cardstock, vellum, paste, glitter, sequins, doilies, cheesecloth, and some sprigs with sequins already attached.  Then I grabbed some other materials: dies, stencils, punches, and embossing folders that I thought perhaps might work to pull together a wintery scene fitting for an all white theme.  Once those things were all out my mind was able to function as I played with the bits - punching this, adding paste to that, die-cutting out shapes (numerous times I might add LOL).


When all my pieces were cut, punch, and dried I began to play with the arrangement and the above Peace card was my final result.  The background was stenciled with modeling paste sprinkled with glitter.  Over that is some embossed vellum, then cheesecloth, and finally I piled on my layers of dies and embellies.

 I posted this photo on Instagram (@kndr2tch) and shared I think I have a new favorite style of Christmas card - its so very different from what I would normally gravitate toward creating and I think that is why I love it so much.  I'll also be honest in sharing I think this one is staying right here with me and going in my December album - I can create some more to give away - this one is special. 

So happy I can share this card for a couple challenges out there right now too!


Thanks for stopping by today, hope you're having a delightful one!


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I love the all white look ! Thanks for joining us at Country View Crafts. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your all white card.The netting is such a creative idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love all the texture on this white on white card, Scarlett! Wonderfully done. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love all your texture Scarlett! You rocked the all white challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card as you know from seeing it on IG. Creating with all white is so calming and peaceful. Glad you will keep this one for yourself, ENJOY IT!!

    I am happy to see your blog finally, it's beautiful and fun. What a blessing this year is going to be, so excited to join forces with you for the new year and new adventures!! Going to see what other good things you have sharing here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new year Scarlett! Love this beautiful card!

    Looking forward to follow you in 2014:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT __ How fantastic is its work always textures,. large layers and attractive colors :)

    Wishes for a great 2014 Scarlett !!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sweet words - they mean so much to me!!